Regulatory Disclosure Reports
Alizz Islamic Bank Notice to the shareholders to attend the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EGM) and the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Board of Directors of alizz islamic bank S.A.O.G ( Bank) has the pleasure to invite all the shareholders to attend the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EGM) and the Annual General Meeting ("AGM") scheduled to be held on Tuesday , 28th March 2017 at 5.00 p.m at the Sindbad ballroom, Crowne plaza hotel for discussion and approval of the following agenda:
First: The Extra-ordinary General Meeting (EGM)
- To renew the Bank's authorized capital of RO. 200,000,000 ( Two Hundred Million Rials Omani)
- To approve the issue of Additional Tier 1 Capital in the form of Sukuk to raise up to RO 30 million through private placement, subject to regulatory approvals and to authorize the Board of Directors to take all required steps and actions to implement the above resolution ( as per the attached explanatory note).
Second: The Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- To consider and approve the Board of Directors report for the financial year ended 31st December 2016.
- To consider and approve the Corporate Governance Report for the financial year ended 31st December 2016.
- To consider and approve the auditors report, the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss account of the Bank for the financial year ended 31st December 2016.
- To inform the shareholders of the Sharia Supervisory Board report for the year ended 31st December 2016.
- To approve the sitting fees being availed by the Board members and members of the Board's sub-committees for the last year and to fix the sitting fees for the next financial year (Exhibit 1 A and B) .
- Notification to the shareholders regarding the related parties' transactions during the financial year ended 31st December 2016 (Exhibit 2).
- To consider and approve the transactions, which the Company will carry out with the related parties during the financial year ending 31st December 2017 (Exhibit 3) .
- Notification to the shareholders on donations paid in relation to social responsibility activities during the financial year ended 31st December 2016 (Exhibit 4).
- To approve a limit and authorize the Board of Directors for donating up to RO 30,000 in respect of social responsibility activities during the financial year ending 31st December 2017.
- To appoint the external auditors and sharia auditors for the financial year ended 31st December 2017 and approve their remuneration.
- Approval of the scope and parameters for assessment of the Board performance ( Exhibit 5).
- Appointment of an independent consultant for assessment of the Board performance during the financial year ending 31st December 2017 and fix their remuneration
Pursuant to the Articles of Association of the Bank, any shareholder has the right to authorize any person in writing to attend the EGM and AGM and vote on the resolutions on his behalf, provided that the authorization is executed on the Proxy printed at the bottom of the meeting notice. Natural persons shall attach a copy of their ID or in the case of women or minors who do not have an ID card, a copy of their passport, and the residence card or passport for expatriates. For juristic persons the proxy card shall be signed by an authorized signatory, sealed by the company seal and submitted together with copies of the commercial registration certificate and authorized signatories form.
Shareholders are requested to arrive half an hour before the scheduled meeting time.
For any queries, please contact Mrs. Maas Amiranthi on 24775272 or Mr. Fadelallah Suliman on 24775522